Tuesday, November 8, 2016

November 5th OnStage Vancouver - A Memorable Day




Where to begin! Wow! This was an amazing event and I'm so glad I was able to go to Vancouver for my first Stampin' Up! Onstage event. Our Seashore Stampers group number 7, and four of us went together in our wonderful leader's car before the sun came up to catch the ferry to Vancouver. We would meet the others when we got there. I had to get up at 4:30am to be ready to be picked up at 5:30am. It was worth it!

Here we are on the Ferry having breakfast together.


Not long before getting to the Vancouver ferry terminal, the sun began to come up. This photo does not do the beauty of it any justice. The little specks of light you see in the photo are the reflections of the inside ferry lights on the window.


We arrived at our hotel earlier than traditional check in, but we were able to check in anyway. Thanks to Mi Ran's husband's points!


Such a gorgeous hotel! I loved that in the lobby every day there was complimentary fresh flavored water, The day we arrived it was yummy cucumber water, the next day it was lemon, and the last day it was lime. All so very refreshing.


We ended up on the 26th floor with an amazing harbour view!




We were just three large blocks away from the Conference Centre, which was great! After checking in, we decided to do a practice walk to the Centre, and these are some of the photos taken.




These two always were ahead of us as fast walkers. I remember when I could do that....one is four years older than I, and the other just a couple of years younger than I. I guess our bodies all age differently.


We ran into a new friend (on the very right next to me) and invited her to join us. Here were are just about to join in the Happy Hour at the hotel. I had a Shirely Temple, which I haven't had in years! A lovely treat.


Saturday morning we got up early again, as Mi Ran had volunteered to assist with the check-in at Onstage. So we decided this was an opportunity to get well in front in the registration line-up, and get a good seat.

When we eventually got into the conference room there two jumbo sized TV screens with this event's Onstage logo. The lovely colour did not show up in the photo.


On our tables we found this in the center. I had to cover the stamp sets on the table with a circle, because you can't see them yet.


I was so very thrilled that Andrea Withers from Salt Lake head office was there. I love the videos she is in for Stampin' Up!. She was so sweet and graciously consented to having her photo taken with me.


The tables were set up for six, but we managed to get two more chairs out to our table so our group, plus one, could sit together at a table right at the front! Adrienne was able to be quick and get us up close. Afterwards we were debating if that so good or not, because it was hot up there close to the stage lights, and the music, when played, was very loud as we were close to the speakers. But in the end we decided that there were other advantages to being close up front. All we had to do was lightly cover our ears when needed.

Here we all are getting settled at our table before the event began.



Our fearless leader had volunteered to do a presentation, and her she is. She did a great job of it!


Here we are again, and you can see the crowd of people there.


At the end of the event, our Seashore Stampers group were able to get our photo taken with Dale from the Canadian head office in Calgary.


Sunday morning, the day after the big event, we ran into Andrea and Toni! We all went out for breakfast together and had a lovely time before saying good-bye to new friends.


I was able to take photos of the new product coming out in the January 2017 Occasions and Sale-A-Bration catalogues, but I will post those on another day.

I'd say this is event and experience is one of the best perks of being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator! The next Onstage event will be April 8, 2017, in Calgary! I'm hoping I can go. After all I have a daughter living there....

If you are thinking of becoming a demonstrator, and have questions about it or Onstage Events, contact me.

Happy creating!







http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/sabradcreations/promotions

From November 1st through 30th, you have the opportunity to purchase Stitched Shapes Framelits ahead of their official release in the 2017-2018 annual catalog and get 25% off coordinating stamp sets. With Stitched Shapes Framelits you can make paper stitches in seconds, turning any project into one that is stitched from the heart.






HEADS UP - ONLINE EXTRAVAGANZA IS COMING SOON, FROM NOVEMBER 21ST TO 28TH!


2 comments:

From Me To You Paper Crafts said...

I anticipated your post to be as long as mine, so I sat down with my coffee and really enjoyed it. You took some fabulous pictures Sabrina. Thank you.

Stampingforu.blogspot.com said...

I'm so glad you were able to experience the on stage event! Thank you and Adrienne for being such great roomies!