I have had several requests for the instructions on how I created my Christmas Sampler a while back. At first I was hesitant to share too much as I plan on having a few more classes with different themes based on this project. Then I decided that sharing this would just mean I need to create a different layout for each new sampler! That would be better any way and a challenge for me. Problem solved.
So here we go. To make yours exactly like mine you will need the following: (you can of course substitute what you wish to)
- 12 x 12 cardstock for background
- 3 sheets each of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock in two different colours
- coordinating Stampin' Write Markers (colouring stamps)
- Foil cardstock (your choice of colour)
- Tin of Cards stamp set (142180)
- Peace This Christmas stamp set (141570)
- Wonderful Year stamp set (142158)
- Seasonal Bells Bundle (143533) stamp set (142107) Bell punch (141846)
- Layering Square Framelits (141708)
- Pretty Pine Thinlits (141851)
- Coordinating Ink Pad colours to your cardstock choices
- Fast Fuse, Tear & Tape, or glue
Coloured Die Cut Scalloped Squares
- Die cut 12 scalloped squares @ 2 1/2"
- Die cut 12 scalloped squares @2 1/4"
- Die cut 12 straight edged squares @ 1 7/8'
Center Squares (paper trimmer)
- 1 @ 4 3/4" square
- 1 @ 4 1/2" square
- 1 @ 4 1/4" square
Decorative Die Cuts (Pretty Pines)
Die cut your choice of embellishing die cuts in foil and coloured cardstock
Stamp your bell onto a coloured cardstock and punch it out with the Bell Punch
Decide before you begin if you wish to ink the edges of your squares. You can do this before stamping or after stamping
Use your Stampin' Write markers for the stamps with multiple colours and the coordinating Ink Pads for regular stamping of other stamps.
- Use your pencil & ruler to light draw a line 3/4" from the edge of your 12" x 12" cardstock background.
- With the larger scalloped squares position them around the edge, nearly touching the pencil line, and eyeballing the spacing (or measure if you wish)
- When satisfied, attach them onto the background
- Now center the largest of the center mats
- go around and attach the next layer of squares with dimensionals (or adhesive if you wish it to be flatter)
- attach all your stamped squares with dimensionals
- attach all your embellishments
Have fun making your version of my Christmas Sampler!
From November 1st through 30th, you have the opportunity to purchase Stitched Shapes Framelits ahead of their official release in the 2017-2018 annual catalog and get 25% off coordinating stamp sets. With Stitched Shapes Framelits you can make paper stitches in seconds, turning any project into one that is stitched from the heart.