Monday, February 1, 2016

More You Can Do With Scraps - Sentiments

 Hello Everyone!

Yesterday I shared with you what you can create to use up some of those scraps that begin to pile up. Today, I'd like to share with you what you can do to use up small cardstock scraps and organize your cardmaking; especially for those times when you have to put something together real quick!

In the following photo you see a little organizing container that I purchase a few of from a Dollar store a couple of years ago. (The bottom measurements are 3 1/4" wide x 5" long, and it is larger at the top) I'm wishing now that I had bought more of these since they don't have them any longer! The container is labeled with a name of a stamp set. In this case the 'And Many More' stamp set. And in the container are several little ziploc bags, also from the Dollar store, containing either Whisper White or Very Vanilla cardstock and a facsimile at the top of what each bag holds.


As I mentioned yesterday, I'm getting better at not hoarding every little piece of scrap for future. But what I do do, is keep some of them and at the end of each month I will watch a movie, or maybe two if I want to create more, and pick one or two stamp sets (or ones that I need to refill my bags with again) and stamp away on my many little pieces. I then take the more commonly used punches for sentiments (not all are in this photo) and punch them all out and place into the bags to be stored in these little organization bins.




Since this is the only one that currently has bags with sentiments in them, this is the only one I'm showing you. But I will show them all to you when they are filled again.

Below is a little closer look at some of them.



When I'm done refilling or creating a new set, I then throw away the rest (all of) the scraps no matter what my mind says about being able to use them, because experience has taught me that there will always be more to come. And after all I only have so much space, and I want to keep scraps from invading my space with the hope of using every little bit. Plus I know I will always what that next new DSP or lovely coloured cardstock! Lol!

This really helps me, and it gets easier to throw away scraps that don't get used, every time. I would like to challenge you to find a way to make use of your scraps, and not hoard them too long. What works for you?

Thanks for stopping by and happy stamping!






Sale-A-Bration! Remember that for every $60 you spend on products from the brand-new occasions catalogue (or any other current Stampin’ Up! publication), you’ll get a FREE exclusive Sale-A-Bration product.



PAPER PUMPKIN SALE!

What could possibly make Sale-A-Bration even better? Getting Paper Pumpkin involved of course! Stampin' Up!'s three month PAPER PUMPKIN SALE! January 5th through March 31. A great deal with a surprise kit at your door every month!

3-Month Prepaid Subscription (137859) $$74.85 $69
Save on a 3-month prepaid subscription and instantly qualify for a FREE Sale-A-Bration item!
12-Month Prepaid Subscription (137861) $275.40
Take it to the next level with a 12-month prepaid subscription. Save $24 a year with the everyday awesome price, earn Stampin' Rewards, and instantly qualify for 4 FREE Sale-A-Bration items!

There have been some pretty fantastic Paper Pumpkin kits over this year. Don't miss out on the fun and your chance to save on a 3-month Paper Pumpkin subscription and get a FREE Sale-A-Bration item until March 31st. Contact me today! (sabradcreations@gmail.com)


1 comment:

Donna said...

That is SUCH a GREAT IDEA!!! Thanks so much for sharing!! :)