Thursday, February 18, 2016

Botanical Garden Card Set in a Box

Unexpected things can sometimes throw your planned schedule off, like Tuesday morning for me. I had planned to edit all my photos from several projects completed and schedule posts for the rest of the week. Little did I know that would not happen. A good thing did happen though. A friend contacted me with a commission request! And I had to have it done in two and a half days! I was happy to help her out, but realized my week's schedule was blown. I am happy to say I completed the project yesterday and it was picked up last night. It was not made out of Stampin' Up! paper, though I did use a couple of stamp sets from SU. I will post this project on one of my other blogs, and a link on this one, so that if you want to see it, you can. 

So now I can get back onto my plan a couple of days later. I created a couple card sets; one using scraps of Birthday Bouquet DSP, and one with Botanical Garden DSP (as you see below).

 
But for today I will show you only the Botanical Garden set, and the other tomorrow. And before I go any further, I have not created the box instructions, but I will get to that and post it at some point soon.





I wanted to use magnets for the box closure, but came to find out that I was out! I have placed an order for some more. In the meantime, I'm using Velcro closures.



Some of these cards have a more unique colour combination, which I took from the DSP, and because of the proportion of colour allotment some may be a little on the funky side, like the Thank You card.






 OK, so let's now look at each card individually, shall we.



  
Tools & stamp set shown on either side

Cardstock used: Old Olive & Cajun Craze









 
Tools & Stamp set on either side

Cardstock: Mint Macaron & Basic Black








 
 Cardstock: Basic Black

Stamp Set is a HOSTESS Stamp Set only. You must host a workshop/party to be able to get this lovely set!









For the above card you may use either different sizes of circle punches or dies, edge them with Mossy Meadow ink and a sponge, and position them as you like.

For the sentiment, I inked the sentiment excluding the word 'and' on the banner.



Cardstock: Mint Macaron & Hello Honey

The flowers are die-cut out of the DSP with the Botanical Builder die set.





                       


For this last card I cut strips of the Mossy Meadow DSP from the Botanical Garden DSP and positioned them. The sentiment strip was created with the following:







Tomorrow, as I said earlier, I will post the Birthday Bouquet card set. In the mean time,

Happy Stamping!





Sale-A-Bration! Remember that for every $60 you spend on products from the brand-new Occasions catalogue or Annual Catalogue, you can choose a FREE exclusive Sale-A-Bration product!



PAPER PUMPKIN SALE!

What could possibly make Sale-A-Bration even better? Getting Paper Pumpkin involved of course! Stampin' Up!'s three month PAPER PUMPKIN SALE! January 5th through March 31. A great deal with a surprise kit at your door every month!

3-Month Prepaid Subscription (137859) $$74.85 $69
Save on a 3-month prepaid subscription and instantly qualify for a FREE Sale-A-Bration item!
12-Month Prepaid Subscription (137861) $275.40
Take it to the next level with a 12-month prepaid subscription. Save $24 a year with the everyday awesome price, earn Stampin' Rewards, and instantly qualify for 4 FREE Sale-A-Bration items!

There have been some pretty fantastic Paper Pumpkin kits over this year. Don't miss out on the fun and your chance to save on a 3-month Paper Pumpkin subscription and get a FREE Sale-A-Bration item until March 31st. Contact me today! (sabradcreations@gmail.com)


No comments: