Sunday, June 14, 2015

Remarkable You - Magnolia Blossoms

Yesterday I showed you card using the Calla Lilies of the "Remarkable You" stamp set. Today I using the Magnolia blossom from the set. I love Magnolia trees, and we have a lot of them here in Victoria, BC.

Wanting to try something a little different, I created a tri-fold card, and painted on Crumb Cake cardstock!


I masked and stamped, and then I white-washed all the leaves and blossoms. Letting it dry, I later used a combination of water colouring and dry brush strokes.

You can't tell in most of the photos that upon completion I used a dry brush to lightly spread a little Dazzling Details all over.





 When the card is open, it looks like...



This is what it looks like from the back,

Still trying to get the glitter to show, and the following closeup has a little that came out in the photo.



I promise you, a thin layer really is all over the front giving it a shimmery look.

Well, that's it for the Magnolia this time. There's one more flower in this set to use; the Water Lily. So look for that next.

As usual, the supplies used in the making of this card can be found below. Thank you for stopping by!

Happy stamping!





Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



Earn Free Stamps in June’s Join Promotion! 

June 2nd also kicks off a new promotion for customers to become demonstrators!  As a demonstrator on my team, you can learn more about Stampin’ Up! promotions and products in our chats and our team meetings.  AND you’ll be the first to see and order products from upcoming catalogs.  On top of all that, you’ll earn a discount on the products you already love – with no risk after you join! AND NOW Hosts can use their Stampin' Rewards to pay for their Starter Kit!


9 comments:

Bettina said...

Sabrina,

Your card is simply beautiful! I love it.

Bettina

Marianne B in AZ said...

Your card is absolutely stunning!I just received my order with this set in the box. I am more anxious than ever to take out and ink it up after seeing your beautiful card!

Debe Aston said...

You are right, you are remarkable! This card is gorgeous!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Sabrina, I agree with Debe that "you are remarkable". I had chalked this stamp set up to being "just another flower set", until I saw your remarkable (no pun intended) creation. I live in Abbotsford, and our Magnolias were so beautiful this year..........actually outstanding, so your card was a wonderful reminder. Thanks for sharing your awesome card and creative skills.

Katydid Cards said...

Just stunning. I love the tri-fold effect!

Tigriswillreign said...

Lovely, Mom!

CherylQuilts said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! A friend just pinned this, and I just had to visit and tell you! Thank you for sharing it! Hugs!

Sue Robinson said...

Gorgeous cards ,love the lovely cut out front , me thinks I'll have to case this. TFS.

Kay Hahn Casler said...

Breathtaking card that I can only hope to CASE. I love it! Thank you for sharing!!!!