Saturday, March 12, 2016

VanIsle Stampin' Up! Meet & Share - Card Exchange

Attending a VanIsle Stampin' Up Meeting today and participating in a Birthday Card Exchange. Only current things are to be used in the making of this card, but I forgot that this Lost Lagoon ribbon is no longer available. I found out after making them and ran out not having enough to make a bow for all of the cards. So I immediately went to put it onto my next order, and that's when I learned they were all out and it was no longer available. I love this ribbon and colour! What to do? I used Silver Metal buttons on the last three cards.


The next photo shows you a closer look with a single card. The DSP is a Sale-A-Bration special which will end this month. So if you like this paper, or want to get more, you can get it for free with a $60 order before March 31.


I opted to used the flowers from the "Number of Years" stamp set rather than the flowers of the Flowering Fields set because it is solid stamp and not just the floral outline. But, I used the same colours and in the DSP (see below in the materials used).


The above side view shows only one popped up layer. And below you see the inside.


When I return form my meeting, in the next day or so, I'll share with you the cards that I received at the exchange.

Happy Stamping everyone!








1 comment:

Carolyn Dieleman said...

Such a lovely card - and that ribbon is perfect on it! Sometimes we just have to use the perfect accessory - even if retired.