Monday, June 15, 2015

Remarkable You - Water Lily

The last flower from "Remarkable You" is a Water Lily. I kept this one pretty simple and combined Soft Sky with the new Mint Macaron.

  • I masked around the area where I wanted to stamp the Lily with Pool Party using Post-it Notes.
  • After stamping the flower I used the Project Life Journaling Pen and a ruler, I drew the lines of the box.
  • I then masked the box and second stamped the leaves with Soft Sky.
  • Removing the mask I then used my Soft Sky Stampin' Write marker to colour the flower.
  • With my Hello honey Stampin' Write Marker I filled in the dots of the stamen and the Mint Macaron for the stem. 
 Here is a close up.


You can see that I took my dry brush and added a thin layer of Dazzling Details.
  • Next I went to my paper trimmer and cut a 3/4" strip out leaving the framed Water Lily in tact.
  • I then popped up the front over the folder embossed card front.
  • I stamped my sentiment and again with a ruler and project Life Journaling pen drew a box around it and cut it out on my trimmer (messed up a bit on the right) and popped that up too
  • Lastly I added the rhinestones.


And on the inside...


Well, that's it for this card. So I've created one card of each flower from this stamp set. I do have a few more ideas for these flowers. Do you want me to make some of them? Or should I move on to the next stamp set?

It's been fun working with "Remarkable You" and I know you too will find an endless amount of creative ideas to use with this stamp set with.

Below are the supplies used for this card.

Happy stamping!



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


 Earn Free Stamps in June’s Join Promotion! 

June 2nd also kicks off a new promotion for customers to become demonstrators!  As a demonstrator on my team, you can learn more about Stampin’ Up! promotions and products in our chats and our team meetings.  AND you’ll be the first to see and order products from upcoming catalogs.  On top of all that, you’ll earn a discount on the products you already love – with no risk after you join! AND NOW Hosts can use their Stampin' Rewards to pay for their Starter Kit!


1 comment:

Barbara said...

Oh My Goodness Sabrina!!!!

I have just 'stumbled' upon your blog and I must tell you that I have already signed up to follow you! You are very talented!! I absolutely love this card and the creativity that you used!!!
You mentioned that you used a dry brush for adding Dazzling Details. How do you do this?

Barbara