Sunday, December 6, 2015

Trying Something New For Scrapbooking - Part 5

Welcome! Today is the last of the Scrapbooking series. Hope you have been enjoying some of the new ideas I've come up with. I really enjoyed working on these two albums. I used some of the "Neutrals Designer Series Pack Stack" (138435) in this album. I love the new DSP stacks from this year. You can the page on the left below, where I used the Smoky Slate paper. On the right, the large 7 x 5 photo is attached to the narrow flap, so that when you lift it there are more photos revealed behind it. (the grasses you see at the bottom were stamped with the grass from "Wetlands" (126697) in alternating colours.          


       
 In the photo below, the right page has two bows tied with double "Linen Thread". When you untie these and lift up the tag end (one on the bottom & one at the top), more photos are revealed.  I used the "Layered Letters Alphabet" (138692) on the right, popped up with dimensionals. I'm sure I will be using that technique again.         



The page on the I used the beautiful "Bordering Blooms" set (133660) again, and on the right, below, is an accordion page.  


You can see here how I made a larger photo spread across the fold of the page. I also used scrap strips on the right of the photo. Faux stitching always looks wonderful in albums as well as on cards.


On the inside of the accordion page, the left has the word "Smile" stamped on from a retired stamp set and is a flap that lifts up to reveal more photos. On the right you see the word 'Joy". this was die cut using the"wonderful Wreath Framelits" set.



If you have two very different colours being used from one page to another, I like to try and find a way to connect them. On this occasion I used stars. On the left are stars stamped from a retired stamp set, and on the right I used the "Star Framelits" (133723). I took a sheet of regular paper and die cut stars from it to use as a stencil and stamped text into the star shape.



Below, on the left, you see overlapping tabs created with the Envelope Punch Board (133774) with a heart stamped with "Groovy Love" (134246) and punched out with the "Sweetheart Punch" (133786). Behind the heart is a magnet to help keep the overlapping tab closed. And it looks like I didn't get a photo of them opened. Wonder how I missed that? I guess I was in a hurry...

On the right I used the "Chevron Border Punch" (132154) on a strip from the "Sweet Li'l Things DSP" (138447) and used some of the punched out bits on the cardstock flap pointing to the month stamped on using "Project Life Day to Day" (135785). The letters are from the same alphabet stamp mentioned earlier, and are the initials of the two in the hidden photo.



You might be wondering why I stopped at the month of August. Well I didn't. I just was unable to get photos of the rest before leaving for Phoenix. I did complete it up through November except for the US Thanksgiving celebrations. And, since December hadn't happened yet, that too is missing from the album. My plan is to complete those pages and send them off later.

So there you have some different scrapbooking ideas that combine scrapbooking and mini-album techniques. Thanks for joining me in viewing this series.

Happy creating & stamping!





Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




Find out which 2015 Holiday Catalogue items will soon be gone! You have until January 4th to purchase RETIRING products while supplies last!

Here is the link to the Holiday Retiring List.






No comments: