Saturday, December 5, 2015

Trying Something New For Scrapbooking - Part 4

OK, this is part 4 of the series, but today I'm showing you an 8 x 8 album that I made for my eldest son's family in Phoenix. In Part One of this series I explained how I got these retired Stampin' Up! 2013 Christmas 8 x 8 albums. I wish Stampin' Up! made this size regularly, but as you saw in Part one through three, you can still make larger pages for the current albums.                                

So this is how I made most of the pages for this sized album.

Each page consists of using an entire 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock .

  1.  Punched three holes to line up with the rings along one of the 8 1/2" sides.
  2. If you want the flap on the right (front), flip to the back side with holes on right, 11" across top, and score at 8 3/4". If you want the flap on the left (or back) place with holes on the left, 11" across top, and score at 2 1/4". 
  3. I didn't use much DSP (Designer Series Paper) on these pages and opted instead to do more stamping. With this size of page you would go through a Lot of DSP. But when you do use it, keep in mind your paper pattern.
  4. Using scraps of cardstock and DSP works very well. Even narrow strip work great and can be stamped on with little sentiments.


On many of the narrow flaps I added additional parts to it for more photos, etc., as you see in the next two photos below.



As in my previous album, I also added photo flaps on the page itself as you see in the next photo. I used the Envelope Punch Board to create the tab.


The next two photos show a much larger addition to the side flap.


I love adding stamps onto the photos. It adds a little something...


A few different ideas on this next page layout, and I used some DSP here. See the little booklet on the left...


...it opens up to reveal a couple of photos. After all these years I still love the look of the faux stitching.


I also created a pocket using DSP, placed a photo on it, and three more photos on the tag inside. Two smaller photos on the front of the tag, and a large on the back, that I did not take a photo of.


I used DSP leftover strips on this tag.


It seems that I forgot to take a picture of the page on the left below as it opens up to the left revealing a 16" spread. Don't know why I forgot to do that? Oh well.


I love the Black & White photo of the page on the right. Working with black and white photos makes creating pages of an album so much easier since you can use the same colours throughout the entire album without worries of matching up colours that go well with colour photos. That might be something to consider...doing an entire album using just black & white photos.

Tomorrow I will continue with the rest of this album. See you then! You can see what I used for this entire album below, excluding colour of cardstock and inks. I did use some retired stamp sets as well which do not appear below.

Happy Stamping!




Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog






Find out which 2015 Holiday Catalogue items will soon be gone! You have until January 4th to purchase RETIRING products while supplies last!

Here is the link to the Holiday Retiring List.






No comments: