Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Penned & Painted Masking Card - For You


Sorry, no "Thoughtful Branches" inspiration today. I'm busy getting classes ready for Scrapbook Essentials BC, and when I put that aside to create a card for you today, I grabbed the stamp set that was still out on the side of my desk, which happened to be "Penned & Painted".

This three step stamp set is so fun to work with, and the card is flat, with no popped up layers or fussy cutting.


I used the masking technique when stamping to layer the flowers and leaves. When that was done, I took the Smoky Slate and Aqua Painter to go around the edges creating a shadowed frame that helps to give a more completed look.


Since childhood I have loved Lady Bugs! For that reason I am thrilled to have this sweet Lady Bug in this stamp set. I masked the body of the lady bug while stamping the leaf, then stamped it on that spot and filled it in with the Real Red Stampin' Marker.


On the inside I used that darling little Lady Bug again with a flower and some leaves.



Wink of Stella would look great on this card, too. Hope that you are inspired to have some creative fun with this set, or add it to your wish list.

Who would like a class using this stamp set? Leave a comment or contact me to let me know.

Happy stamping everyone!





Wow! Stampin' Up! has another surprise for us, an exclusive, limited time bundle! Available only from August 2nd through 31st!






No comments: