Monday, January 4, 2016

2016 Sale-A-Bration Sneak Peek - Wildflower Fields DSP


OK, I'm interrupting my scheduled "What I Love" sneak peeks today, so that I can show you another couple of Sale-A-Bration items. The first is noticeable, the "Wildflower Fields DSP", and the second is the "Flowering Fields" stamp set seen throughout the project.





I haven't created any cards yet, with the "Flowering Fields" stamps, but look forward to doing so. In the mean time I have created an album using these two products. It has no photos in it as I am going to sell this album at a Vendor's Market on January 20th. If it doesn't sell there then at the Crop on January 30th. Should it not sell there either, I will then place up for sale on my "Paper Architecture" blog.

You will notice that the album binder used is not a Stampin' Up! one. Sorry, I had to use it. But there are two different albums just like this available through Stampin' Up. The "Espresso Album", and the "Kraft Album".

You can see that I chose to cover the the album cover. The main colours of the "Wildflower Fields" DSP are, Blackberry Bliss, Calypso Coral, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Old Olive, Basic Black, and Whisper White. Because there are so many photos, I will not comment on all of them.




 When you open the cover of the album, you will see that I used black on the inside for two reasons. 1) so that the inside cover could have photos or a title added, and 2) to save on DSP because I knew one package of DSP would not complete all the pages.

On the right, the first page, I stamped sentiments on 3/8" strips. Something new that I've been doing both for scrapbooking and the odd card.




I used a few of the Project Life Grid Cards to create my own journaling cards throughout the album. That is where I often used the "Flowering Fields" stamp set along with other Project Life stamp sets.



The left panel is flipped open to reveal a page spread.



On the right is a flip panel for either wallet sized photos in the horizontal or verticle position, or you could cut up your photos into squares, or take a large
5 x 7 photo and cut a 3" length from it to use the entire panel. The bottom end of the panel tucks neatly under the ribbon.



Turning the page, I used 1/4" strips (leftovers after completing the album) to embellish as well as the stamps set. One thing I learned was that the Whisper White Craft Ink took on a pinkish hue from the Blackberry Bliss cardstock. It would probably be best to heat emboss with white powder rather than what I did.







In the close-up below, you will see that the Whisper White Craft Ink worked just fine on the black cardstock, I just pressed a little too hard on a couple of the words.



This next photo shows the magnetic flap open. The magnet will be covered once the 5 1/2" x 3 1/2" photo is attached to the panel.



 Browse through the following pages for a bit.










 Next is a close-up of the stamped and scalloped border edge.





On the next page layout, I added an addition to the left page flap.



When you flip that flap open you will see that I cut a journaling card in half to fit on the back of it.




I set up this page so that you could palce on it some 2" x 2" photos along with the 5 1/2" x 3 1/2" photos and the square ones on the left inside panel..




 I really used the stamp set on this next page layout.







You will have to forgive this photo. I took this shot three times, and this one ended up being the best! Go figure. After the third time I was too upset to try again.

You can see that I also used the "Hardwood" background stamp. To give it a more subtle and distressed look, instead of covering the entire stamp with ink, I used a piece of Stampin' Sponge and dabbed it here and there on the stamp, and then stamped.




Open the magnetized  flap to reveal more photos. (The magnet will be covered with the photo)



 When you turn the page you again have a place for some small 2 x 2 photos.




 When the flap is opened there is a long "Scallop Top Tag" for journaling. And, the black photo mat acts as a pocket with a tag for more photos and journaling.







Close-up of the sentiment strip on the left panel.






Close-up of the journaling card created.



 Close-up of the flip panel embellishment using the "Chevron" Border Punch and Note Tag Punch.



 On the underside of the flip panel, I used a stamp from the "Remarkable You" stamp set.



 Close-up.



More 3/8" scrap borders on this next page layout.



 It is amazing how a little faux stitching can really liven up a page. (Close-up)




The full spread.



And, a close-up of the cascading photo panel. I love these because you can have a lot of photos in such little space. It is kept closed with ribbon.



Now, in this next photo you will see that on the this page layout there are two flip panels, the usual one on the left with an additional photo mat, and one on the right as well. You will also note two neon pink pot-its. These are there just to show you that the photo can be tucked under the embellishment.







 Close-up.



Full spread opened up.




 Now, the next two pages are left black and incomplete. Two reasons for that. First, I ran out of "Wildflower Fields" DSP, and second the owner of this album can use these to create their own pages to add at the end, or to insert in between the other pages.




Here you see the back of the inner cover. Again you can add photos or journaling on the inside cover, here.



 OK, I think I wrote more than I thought I would. Thank you for your patience in going through this post. Hope that you are inspired and that you love the "Wildflower Fields" DSP and the "Flowering Fields" stamp set.

REMEMBER, there is only today left to order from the 2015 Holiday catalogue!

Happy Stamping!














1 comment:

Tigriswillreign said...

Gorgeous, Mom!!!
(And don't apologize...)