Tuesday, June 2, 2020

87th Birthday Card For My Dad

It has been quite a while since I have posted anything on my Stampin' Up! blog. No I haven't signed up again as a Demonstrator, but I have finally had a chance to make something using my Stampin' Up! products. I have been keeping up with all that is new due to some good friends, but I had been busy teaching classes for Scrapbook Essentials BC for a while, and then I moved back to Alberta. Calgary to live with my daughter there for about 5 months, and then nearly a year ago we all moved to Lethbridge.

I am now making card kits for Scrapbook Parade in Victoria, and we mail things back and forth. If you wish to see what I design for the kits selling there, her is the link to my other blog, Aspiring to Creativity. If you go there, you can see the other two cards I made for my twin sisters. You see, my Dad and twin sisters all have their birthday on the same day! But since I used Stampin' Up! products for my Dad's card and not the others, I am only posting his on this blog.


I wanted to make an elegant masculine birthday card for my Dad, and I think I pulled it off.


You can see the layering in the above photo. If you remember me, I love layers!


I think this is one of my favourite tree stamps! And below's photo of the leaves...well I love them too. I only wish I had purchased the die set to go with the stamps. I never got around to it. So I had to cut them out with my fussy cutting scissors.


Well, that's it for this post. I hope that another two years doesn't pass before I post here again. I hope to use some Stampin' Up! products again. There are more family birthdays coming, so I hope I get the chance to use some of my favourites again.

Until then, Happy stamping and creating!














No comments: