Friday, August 5, 2016

Thoughtful Branches - Non Traditional Christmas Card



Yesterday I promised to show you another Christmas card made using the"Thoughtful Branches" set. I also said that it would be in nontraditional colours. As you can see the colours are Basic Gray and Sweet Sugarplum accented with the Silver Glimmer paper.


To fill the evergreen more, I stamped it three times; twice in Always Artichoke and once in Old Olive. I then took my Aqua Painter with Sweet Sugarplum to create a pink glow to the tree. The new Holly Impression Folder, in the Annual Catalogue, has such a lovely pattern with the swirls and holly.

I love that Stampin' Up now has the Layering Framelits! The ovals are used here.


For the sentiment banner, I took a 5/8" strip at 8" and stamped the only sentiment I have that would fit on the banner (Flurry of Wishes) and folded it as you see. An alternate layout would be to place the oval in the center of the card and have the banner go through the center of the oval. I might try that sometime in the future.


In this side view photo you can see that the oval and banner are popped up with dimensionals.


For the inside I did not stamp this time, but used the "Holly" folder to emboss the top and bottom of the whisper white.


Here is a closer look at the embossed section.



As crafters we get in the Christmas mode around this time of year as we plan ahead to get everything we want to create done in time for the best time of the year - Christmas. Hope you are getting inspired to start creating your Christmas projects.

Happy stamping!






Stampin' Up! has another surprise for us, an exclusive, limited time bundle! Available only from August 2nd through 31st!






No comments: