Thursday, February 16, 2017

Birthday Card for My 2 Year Old Grandson


February 14th is my youngest grandson's birthday, and this year he turned two. This past year I have been getting back into crocheting and have started working on crocheting afghans for my 8 grandchildren. Every Christmas is one family, and then the next. So when I started thinking what could I possibly crochet for my eldest son's family that live in Phoenix, where it's hot all the time...well my son said that the teenage girls would still appreciate afghans, and my little grandson would love booties and a pullover sweater for the cooler days. My thought was it doesn't ever get cool down there, does it?

Well I went ahead and made his some slipper booties for his birthday, and plan to send him a pullover for Christmas. But that's not what this post is all about...it's about the card!


He loves to be outdoors and so I created this card for him.



I coloured the bird using the new Watercolour pencils and a blender pen.


Not because his birthday is on Valentines Day did I stamp hearts and a kiss, but because if I were there I would give him hugs and kisses.


So now I just wait and see if he likes his slippers and card...

Thank you for stopping by today to have a look, and for putting up with some of my 'Grandma' stuff.

Happy creating!









No comments: